What is GRNOG?
GRNOG (Greek Network Operators Group) is a community of professionals that are involved in the design, implementation, provisioning and operation of Greek Internet services, networks and infrastructure.
Within this scope, the purpose of the group is:
- to create a human network of professionals with common technical interests
- to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and information among its members
- to promote the cooperation between companies, bodies and parties related to the Greek Internet
- to disseminate Greek and global Internet developments, emerging technologies, best operating practices and standards
- to develop tools, policies, practices and means of communication that facilitate day-to-day operations and long-term design and planning
Islalink and GRNOG
Islalink builds and operates neutral and independent infrastructures for the development of the Digital Economy. Currently Islalink is deploying IONIAN, a new submarine and terrestrial fiber optic system connecting Athens and Thessaloniki to Milan and Rome. Through its previous successful track record on building submarine cable infrastructures, Islalink poses a strong technical expertise in this field.
Islalink aligns with the goals of GRNOG and actively participates and supports this community. Sharing experiences and seeking technical excellence through engaging with professionals with different backgrounds, is something Islalink has always been thrived throughout its history.